Newcastle International Airport
- Tonight , Light Rain Shower , Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Westerly
- Sat , , Light Rain Shower , High 7°C 45°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 8°C 46°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 23 mph 37 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , Heavy Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri 4 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat 5 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
Low 2°C 36°F
Light Rain Shower
North East England
Becoming markedly colder into the evening as the rain clears eastwards. The cold will be accentuated by the continuing strong wind, with isolated blustery showers possible, these wintry on hills.
Met Office warnings issued for Newcastle upon Tyne
Yellow warning of windUpdated 27 November at 10:54
- 0900 on Sat 28 November
- 1800 on Sun 29 November
A blustery weekend is expected across England and Wales with winds strengthening from the west on Saturday morning. Gusts around coastlines exposed to the westerly or southwesterly winds could reach 60 mph at times. Inland gusts will be less frequent but could still reach 50 to 55 mph. Further strengthening from the west is expected on Sunday where gusts around western coasts could locally reach 70 mph. Elsewhere gusts of 60 mph are possible, particularly in western areas.
Please be aware of the potential for some disruption due to the strong winds.
Issued by the Met Office