- Today , Light Cloud , High 18°C 64°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , , Light Rain Shower , High 13°C 55°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 25 mph 40 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny , High 13°C 55°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h North North Easterly
- Sun , Sunny , High 13°C 55°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h East North Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Southerly
High 18°C 64°F Low 11°C 52°F
SW Scotland, Lothian Borders
Dry and bright start then clouding over with patchy light rain later this morning, dying out early afternoon. Then drier and little brighter, especially Edinburgh, east Lothian and eastern Borders where it will be warmer. Southwesterly winds strengthening later today.
A band of persistent rain will move away from the southern Borders early tonight. Then drier and clearer with a few showers later, mainly over Lothians. Windy with southwesterly gales.
Met Office warnings issued for Edinburgh
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office