- Today , , Sunny Intervals , High 4°C 39°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Heavy Rain , High 9°C 48°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 2 mph 3 km/h North Easterly
- Wed , Light Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 5°C 41°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , High 9°C 48°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 23 mph 37 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 26 mph 42 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 23 mph 37 km/h South Westerly
- Wed 9 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h South South Westerly
High 4°C 39°F Low 0°C 32°F
SW Scotland, Lothian Borders
Rather cloudy with showery outbreaks of rain, perhaps some snow over the higher ground. However, it will gradually turn drier and brighter from the west during the afternoon.
Clear spells and a widespread frost at first. Outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow pushing in from the southwest overnight. Snow mainly higher ground and soon turning to rain.
Met Office warnings issued for Edinburgh
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 29 November at 10:41
- 1045 on Sun 29 November
- 1000 on Mon 30 November
Outbreaks of rain are now beginning to turn to snow in areas north of the Central Belt, the snow becoming heavy in places and locally persisting into Sunday afternoon, more especially in the north. This may bring a few cm of snow even to low levels, while 10-15 cm could accumulate over some high ground areas.
Following the clearance of the more general wintry precipitation, further clusters of heavy wintry showers will come in from the west, even extending to parts of southern Scotland on Sunday evening and at first on Sunday night, leading to further accumulating snow in places (especially the west Highlands). This will also bring an enhanced risk of ice into Monday morning.Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel. Note that the southern limit of the more widespread snow during Sunday late morning and early afternoon remains uncertain.
Issued by the Met Office