- Tonight , Heavy Snow , Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h North Easterly
- Fri , , Light Snow , High 8°C 46°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Northerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 9°C 48°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Westerly
- Sun , Light Rain , High 11°C 52°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Mon , Heavy Rain Shower , High 10°C 50°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Heavy Rain Shower , High 9°C 48°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
- Thu 5 May , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Fri 6 May , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South South Westerly
- Sat 7 May , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South South Easterly
Low 0°C 32°F
SW Scotland, Lothian Borders
This Evening and Tonight
A mostly cloudy evening and night with outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow, heaviest and most persistent across Lothians and Borders where some accumulations of snow to low levels are possible. Becoming drier across Galloway later in the night.
Met Office warnings issued for West Lothian
Yellow early warning of snowUpdated 28 April at 10:38
- 0005 on Fri 29 April
- 1500 on Fri 29 April
This is an update to the warning issued on Wednesday to bring the area on concern further south.
A spell of persistent and at times heavy snow is expected for parts of eastern Scotland starting on Thursday night and lasting into Friday. By Friday morning, accumulations of 5-10 cm are likely above about 100 m with 15 cm or more possible above 200 m.At lower levels and near coasts an uncertain mix of rain and snow is expected, with rain likely to predominate, bringing the risk of standing water on roads.
Please be aware of the risk of dangerous driving conditions and disruption to transport.
Issued by the Met Office