- Today , Light Rain , High 18°C 64°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , , Sunny Intervals , High 14°C 57°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 27 mph 43 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 12°C 54°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h North Easterly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h East North Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
High 18°C 64°F Low 11°C 52°F
Central, Tayside and Fife
A dry and bright start then clouding over with some rain, most persistent over Stirlingshire and west Perthshire. Rain becoming heavy here during evening. Brighter late afternoon over Fife and Angus and turning warmer. Southwesterly winds strengthening later today.
Persistent rain soon moving away to leave clear periods overnight along with blustery showers, these mostly in west. Becoming very windy with southwesterly gales, severe over high ground and bridges.
Met Office warnings issued for Fife
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office