- Today , Heavy Rain , High 14°C 57°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 35 mph 56 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , High 11°C 52°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 23 mph 37 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 11°C 52°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 10°C 50°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h North North Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South Westerly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue 4 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
High 14°C 57°F Low 11°C 52°F
Orkney and Shetland
A dry start but cloud soon thickening with a band of quite heavy rain moving through, followed by brighter weather with blustery showers later. Strong southeasterlies, then swinging southwesterly and increasing gale force, perhaps severe gale later.
Frequent blustery showers and gale force winds this evening and early tonight, then winds moderating and showers becoming more scattered later in the night.
Met Office warnings issued for Shetland Islands
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office