- Tonight , , Heavy Rain , Low 14°C 57°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h East North Easterly
- Sat , , Light Cloud , High 20°C 68°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Light Rain Shower , High 18°C 64°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Southerly
- Mon , Light Rain , High 18°C 64°F Low 15°C 59°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue , Heavy Rain Shower , High 17°C 63°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Heavy Rain Shower , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Westerly
- Fri 10 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat 11 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 18°C 64°F Likely low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 12 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West South Westerly
Low 14°C 57°F
North West England
This Evening and Tonight
Dry to start this evening before heavy showers and thunderstorms move northwards across the region overnight, with hail, squally winds and some torrential downpours in places. Drier conditions follow from the south later.
Met Office warnings issued for Cumbria
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 3 July at 11:32
- 1900 on Fri 3 July
- 1200 on Sat 4 July
Isolated heavy, and possibly severe, thunderstorms are expected to develop on Friday evening across parts of southern and southwest England. These are likely to become more frequent later and spread northwards across Wales, the Midlands and northern England overnight, and into southern Scotland by the early hours of Saturday. Some torrential downpours are possible leading to localised surface water flooding, with hail, frequent lightning and squally winds also likely hazards.
The public should be aware that there is a chance of some very localised significant disruption.This is an update to the warning to extend the yellow area across southern Scotland and elevate the position in the risk matrix. This will be kept under review and further updates are possible closer to, and during, the event.
Issued by the Met Office