- Today , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 9°C 48°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
- Mon , , Heavy Rain , High 9°C 48°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 31 mph 50 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Sunny Intervals , High 8°C 46°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West South Westerly
- Sun 14 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
- Tue 16 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h North North Westerly
High 9°C 48°F Low 6°C 43°F
Heavy Rain Shower
After a chilly start it will be a blustery day with some decent sunny spells for most and isolated, locally heavy, showers. However, it will turn cloudier through the afternoon with more persistent rain reaching all parts by evening.
Rain quickly clearing this evening with blustery, locally heavy, showers following, merging at times into longer spells of rain. Winds increasing to gale or severe gale force in the south.
Met Office warnings issued for Newport
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 7 February at 10:15
- 1500 on Sun 7 February
- 1800 on Mon 8 February
Rain will move quickly eastwards on Sunday afternoon and evening, followed by frequent showers overnight and through Monday. The showers are likely to be heavy at times and accompanied by hail and thunder, with very strong and gusty winds. Be aware of the potential for localised surface water flooding.
Yellow warning of windUpdated 7 February at 00:06
- 0300 on Mon 8 February
- 1800 on Mon 8 February
An area of very strong winds are expected to extend east across much of southern England and parts of south Wales on Monday morning. Gusts of 60-70 mph are likely quite widely, with 80 mph gusts likely in exposed coastal areas, particularly Cornwall. Some very large waves are also likely to affect many coasts, in particular the north coasts of Cornwall and Devon. Winds should gradually ease through the afternoon and evening.
Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as possible damage to trees and structures and interruption of power supplies.This is a further update to extend the warning to cover most other counties of southern England.
Issued by the Met Office