- Tonight , , Partly Cloudy , Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h West South Westerly
- Sun , , Light Rain Shower , High 10°C 50°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , Light Rain , High 5°C 41°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue , Heavy Rain , High 10°C 50°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
- Wed , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat 5 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
Low 5°C 41°F
North East England
This Evening and Tonight
Remaining windy through this evening and overnight with frequent showers affecting western areas especially. Some of the showers will be heavy and over the highest hills could turn wintry. Chilly, though the wind should prevent a frost.
Met Office warnings issued for Sunderland
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 November at 10:27
- 1030 on Sat 28 November
- 2000 on Sat 28 November
A blustery weekend is expected across England and Wales. Winds will continue to strengthen from the west on Saturday; gusts around coastlines exposed to the westerly or southwesterly winds could reach 60 mph in places, while inland gusts could touch around 50 mph locally.
This is an update of the warning issued on Friday, to slightly reduce the expected gusts on Saturday, and to separate Sunday, when stronger winds are still predicted.Please be aware of the potential for very localised disruption due to the strong winds.
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 November at 11:20
- 0700 on Sun 29 November
- 2000 on Sun 29 November
A blustery weekend is expected across much of the UK but particularly on Sunday across Northern Ireland, Wales, England and parts of southern Scotland, where severe gales are expected to affect some areas. Inland gusts of 50 to 60 mph could occur, perhaps most likely across western areas together with parts of northern England. Gusts around western coasts could locally reach around 70 mph, this most likely in coastal areas of north Wales, northwest England and Dumfries and Galloway.
This is an update to the warning originally issued on Friday to cover the weekend, drawing out the likelihood of stronger gusts on Sunday.Please be aware of the potential for disruption due to the gales and severe gales.
Issued by the Met Office