- Today , Heavy Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , , Light Rain , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain , High 4°C 39°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 2°C 36°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h West North Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Light Rain , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , Light Rain , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue 30 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 3°C 37°F Likely low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
- Wed 31 Jan , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 3°C 37°F Likely low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu 1 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 4°C 39°F Likely low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West North Westerly
High 8°C 46°F Low 4°C 39°F
North East England
A mild and increasingly windy day is expected. However outbreaks of rain and drizzle, already across western parts, will continue to spread east during the morning. Some brighter spells, but also occasional showers then follow later in the day.
Any lingering showers will soon ease, with clear spells likely before midnight. However rain and strengthening winds then spread east, turning squally for a time around dawn, with gales likely.
Met Office warnings issued for Northumberland
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 23 January at 11:13
- 0100 on Wed 24 January
- 1100 on Wed 24 January
A spell of rain, heavy at times, is expected and will be accompanied by strong winds. Flooding of a few homes and business is likely. Bus and train services will probably be affected and spray and flooding is expected on roads, this all making journey times longer.
Issued by the Met Office