- Today , Sunny Intervals , High 3°C 37°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , , Sunny , High 3°C 37°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h Westerly
- Sun , Sleet , High 2°C 36°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 11°C 52°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri 26 Jan , Sunny , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Westerly
- Sat 27 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 28 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West South Westerly
High 3°C 37°F Low 0°C 32°F
North East England
It will be a cold day with sunny spells, and scattered wintry showers. Frost will linger over hills with snow showers giving fresh accumulations, especially on the Cheviots and Pennines. Light or moderate westerly winds will strengthen over hills later.
A widespread frost will form during the evening and overnight with largely clear skies and winds falling light. A few wintry showers may persist over the Pennines.
Met Office warnings issued for Sunderland
Yellow warning of iceUpdated 19 January at 10:03
- 0005 on Sat 20 January
- 1100 on Sat 20 January
Ice is likely to form through Friday night and last into Saturday morning with some sleet and snow showers continuing in places.
There will probably be ice on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths, potentially resulting in some injuries from slips and falls.
Issued by the Met Office