- Tonight , , Fog , Low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h North Westerly
- Tue , , Sunny Intervals , High 5°C 41°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 4 mph 6 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Thick Cloud , High 4°C 39°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South South Easterly
- Thu , Sunny Intervals , High 3°C 37°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Easterly
- Fri , Light Cloud , High 6°C 43°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Easterly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 8°C 46°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Southerly
- Mon 30 Jan , Thick Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 31 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
- Wed 1 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Westerly
Low -1°C 30°F
East of England
This Evening and Tonight
Areas of freezing fog and low cloud are likely to thicken and reform during the evening, in another cold night with a widespread sharp frost. The fog could again be locally dense and persistent.
Met Office warnings issued for Southend-on-Sea
Yellow warning of fogUpdated 23 January at 15:00
- 1700 on Mon 23 January
- 1100 on Tue 24 January
Areas of freezing fog, some dense, are expected to form again during Monday night and into Tuesday morning. The fog will become widespread in places, most likely in the southwest of the warning area early in the night and then in other areas later in the night and early on Tuesday morning.
Driving conditions will be difficult with journeys likely to take longer than usual and delays to air travel are possible.
Issued by the Met Office