- Today , , Sunny Intervals , High 4°C 39°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 4°C 39°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h Westerly
- Sun , Sleet , High 9°C 48°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 8°C 46°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 11°C 52°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri 26 Jan , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Westerly
- Sat 27 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Westerly
- Sun 28 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South Westerly
High 4°C 39°F Low 1°C 34°F
North West England
An icy start with snow in places. Through the rest of the day it will be cold and windy with sunshine and heavy, wintry showers bringing further snow accumulations, mainly on hills.
The showers will gradually ease through the night, but it will be cold with temperatures falling below zero, bringing a risk of ice in places.
Met Office warnings issued for Cheshire East
Yellow warning of iceUpdated 18 January at 10:57
- 1900 on Thu 18 January
- 1000 on Fri 19 January
Icy stretches are expected to form on Thursday night lasting into Friday morning.
There will probably be some ice on untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths leading to some injuries from slips and falls.In addition rain, hail, sleet and, over higher ground, snow showers will continue to push across Wales and western England with some small accumulations over the higher ground of Wales. These may lead to some difficult driving conditions in places and some longer journey times.
Issued by the Met Office