- Today , , Sunny Intervals , High 3°C 37°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Westerly
- Fri , , Light Snow Shower , High 3°C 37°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Sunny , High 3°C 37°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Westerly
- Sun , Sleet , High 3°C 37°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 25 Jan , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Fri 26 Jan , Sunny , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
- Sat 27 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South Westerly
High 3°C 37°F Low 1°C 34°F
North East England
Early cloud will break, leading to largely bright but cold morning. Sunshine and further scattered wintry showers follow. These most frequent across the Pennines, where some snow accumulations are likely. Winds will also remain brisk, leading to a cold day.
Mostly dry, clear and cold, leading to a widespread frost. However a few wintry showers will continue to move in from the west, bringing a risk of some icy patches.
Met Office warnings issued for North Tyneside
Yellow warning of iceUpdated 18 January at 12:22
- 1500 on Thu 18 January
- 1100 on Fri 19 January
Ice is expected to form on untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths across parts of southeast Scotland and northeast England from late Thursday afternoon.
Some injuries from slips and falls are likely.
Issued by the Met Office