- Tonight , , Light Cloud , Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 11°C 52°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain Shower , High 10°C 50°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 28 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon 29 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue 30 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
Low 1°C 34°F
North East England
This Evening and Tonight
Possible freezing rain may give some icy conditions at first this evening. Otherwise rain, sleet, and hill snow will soon clear to give some clear intervals overnight and just the odd shower, mainly in the west.
Met Office warnings issued for Sunderland
Yellow warning of iceUpdated 21 January at 16:24
- 1800 on Sun 21 January
- 0800 on Mon 22 January
Icy patches are likely to form on Sunday night and last into Monday morning.
With surfaces left wet, from Sunday afternoon's mix of rain, sleet and snow, icy patches are likely to form overnight and into Monday morning on any untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths. Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces are possible.
Issued by the Met Office