- Today , , Light Rain Shower , High 9°C 48°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h Westerly
- Sun , Heavy Rain , High 10°C 50°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Southerly
- Mon , Light Rain , High 10°C 50°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Thick Cloud , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 25 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South Westerly
- Fri 26 Jan , Sunny , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h Westerly
- Sat 27 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South South Westerly
High 7°C 45°F Low 2°C 36°F
London and South East England
Outlook for Saturday to Monday
Frosty start Saturday, then sunny with brisk winds easing. Frosty again overnight, before rain spreads east, preceded by some snow. Less cold Monday, and rather cloudy, with rain possible.
Met Office warnings issued for Greater London
Yellow warning of windUpdated 18 January at 02:53
- 0255 on Thu 18 January
- 0900 on Thu 18 January
Very strong winds will affect parts of the UK early on Thursday. The strongest winds are expected to transfer eastwards across the warning area, before clearing by mid-morning.
Road, rail and ferry services may be affected, with longer journey times and cancellations. There is also a possibility that some bridges may close. Power cuts may occur, and there is the potential for other services, such as mobile phone coverage, to be affected. Injuries and danger to life from flying debris are possible, along with some damage to buildings.In addition, large waves are expected to affect some western coasts with beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties.
This is an update to the warning, to increase the southward extent.
Issued by the Met Office