- Today , Light Cloud , High 9°C 48°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 27 mph 43 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , , Sunny , High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 30 mph 48 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain Shower , High 7°C 45°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 6°C 43°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h West North Westerly
- Sat , Heavy Rain , High 9°C 48°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h South Westerly
- Mon , Light Rain , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue 30 Jan , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed 31 Jan , Sunny , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h North North Easterly
- Thu 1 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h North North Easterly
High 9°C 48°F Low 7°C 45°F
North West England
A cloudy start with outbreaks of rain, heavy at times, particularly over the hills. However, it should improve during the afternoon, with some bright or sunny spells, but also some showers. A windy day, with gales in places. Milder.
Cloud and rain will arrive from the west overnight, which will be heavy at times, particularly over the hills. A windy night for most, with gales in places.
Met Office warnings issued for Cumbria
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 23 January at 11:13
- 0100 on Wed 24 January
- 1100 on Wed 24 January
A spell of rain, heavy at times, is expected and will be accompanied by strong winds. Flooding of a few homes and business is likely. Bus and train services will probably be affected and spray and flooding is expected on roads, this all making journey times longer.
Issued by the Met Office