- Today , Drizzle , High 4°C 39°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , , Fog , High 3°C 37°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h North Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , High 5°C 41°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South Easterly
- Mon , Light Rain , High 7°C 45°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 23 mph 37 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 27 mph 43 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h Westerly
- Fri 26 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 5°C 41°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat 27 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 28 Jan , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h West South Westerly
High 4°C 39°F Low -1°C 30°F
Orkney and Shetland
A bright cold day with occasional sleet and snow showers giving further accumulations especially on high ground, and a risk of ice at first and later. Thunder possible. Light to moderate westerly breeze.
A mixture of clear spells and a wintry mix of rain hail sleet and snow showers. These will bring a risk of ice and fresh snowfalls. Mainly light winds.
Met Office warnings issued for Shetland Islands
Yellow warning of iceUpdated 19 January at 10:03
- 0005 on Sat 20 January
- 1100 on Sat 20 January
Ice is likely to form through Friday night and last into Saturday morning with some sleet and snow showers continuing in places.
There will probably be ice on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths, potentially resulting in some injuries from slips and falls.
Issued by the Met Office